Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample 1:
This is in response to your advertisement for the bank teller position. I looked over the ad carefully and am excited about this opening as the job description fits very well with my career interests and skills.
As my resume shows, I will be graduating next month from Springdale Community College where I am currently completing a Bachelors of Business Administration degree. I understand that you are looking for someone with outstanding communication skills, and proficiency in computers. I possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as working knowledge of different software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
According to your advertisement, the position also needs a candidate who has an eye for detail, is able to perform well under pressure, and is a good team player. I had the opportunity to develop these skills during my internship at Katchky & Herald Bank in Chester, PA. In addition to these skills, I am also extremely comfortable in dealing with people, a quality, I am sure, will serve me well in the position as a bank teller.
Given my education, skills and a strong desire to be a part of an esteemed and renowned national bank such as yours, I am sure that I will be able to perform the job well if given a chance.
You can find details about my experience, skills, and education in my resume. I am extremely excited about the idea of becoming a part of your banking firm and am hoping that you will give me an opportunity to present my case in further detail in a personal interview.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample 2:
I would like to present my job application for your consideration for the post of bank teller at your renowned banking firm. I was apprised about this opening by Mr. Watt, Operations Manager at your firm. I believe, given my experience and skills, that I will be able perform beyond your expectations as a bank teller if given a chance.
As my resume will show you, I possess an MBA degree from The University of Boston and work experience of 3 years as a bank teller. During my career, I have successfully and repeatedly demonstrated the ability to record all transactions effectively and handle large sums of cash.
My key duties include:
- Assisting clients with opening of new accounts
- Accepting loan payments
- Depositing or cashing checks for clients
- Making withdrawals for clients
- Briefing customers about new banking products
- Answering queries of customers or directing them to appropriate supervisory staff
- Processing night deposits
Apart from being adept at traditional bank teller duties, I have consistently focused on providing exceptional customer service to clients. Job related skills aside, I possess key skills such as:
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Ability to work in high-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to successfully diffuse tense situations
My experience and skills match well with your requirements. At this point in my career, I am keen to become a part of a nationalized bank as yours, so that I can further fine-tune my skills as a bank teller while contributing positively to the establishment.
My resume, attached with this application, provides you greater details about my education, experience, skills, and professional achievements. I am excited about the prospect of becoming a part of your team and look forward to an opportunity to discuss my application further in a personal interview.
Bank Teller Cover Letter Sample 3:
Your vacancy for the bank teller position has prompted me to apply for it as I meet the requirements mentioned in your advertisement. As requested by you, I am attaching my resume with this application for your consideration.
After graduating in Business from Mayo Junior College in Bradford, PA in 2009, I joined HDFC bank as a bank teller. In my current capacity, I am responsible for carrying out all traditional duties of a bank teller and for providing the highest level of service to customers.
During my three year tenure, I have received excellent exposure to a range of responsibilities as a bank teller such as verifying transactions, preparing cashier’s checks, issuing traveler’s checks, exchanging foreign currency, receiving and verifying loan payments, mortgage payments, opening new accounts, and answering customers’ queries related to banking products.
My key competencies related to my work as a bank teller include:
- Outstanding numeric ability
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong stress management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Fluent in 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish)
My ability to understand the needs of customer intuitively and my conscious and consistent effort to serve them in the best possible manner have enabled me to receive positive feedback from clients and recognition from management on several occasions. Key accomplishments of my career include:
- ‘Outstanding player of the team’ award in 2012
- ‘Employee of the month’ award three times (Jan 2013, Sep 2012, and Nov 2011)
- ‘100% attendance in a quarter’ certificate five times (Jan-Mar 2012, July-Sep 2012, July-Sep 2011, Oct-Dec 2010, and Jan-Mar 2010)
Detailed information on my professional achievements, job duties, and education is listed in my resume. I sincerely hope to have an opportunity of an interview to discuss my suitability for the advertised job in further detail.
Bank Teller Cover Letter
Bank Tellers interact directly with customers and handle a variety of financial transactions. Duties range from cashing checks to performing payroll services. Their work needs to be extremely accurate, as they are responsible for ensuring that signatures are valid, verifying dates, processing loan information, ensuring correct cash balances, solving discrepancies, and comparing documents to verify customer identity.
The best sample cover letters for Bank Tellers make display of the following skills and qualifications:
- The ability to supervise other workers, for head tellers
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Customer focus and the ability to interact with all sorts of people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to perform tasks fast and accurately
- Computer competences and familiarity with financial software
- Holding at least a high school diploma
Similar assets are described in the Bank Teller example cover letter available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bank Teller Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Emmons:
When I learned of USA National Bank’s need for a Teller, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an enthusiastic and driven professional with experience in providing comprehensive client financial account services while providing exceptional customer service, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
During my career, I have gained key experience and knowledge in customer relationship management, banking product sales strategies, and general operational leadership. My demonstrated success in evaluating customer needs and requirements, along with training and motivating top-performing teams, positions me to make a significant impact on your financial institution.
Highlights of my experience include…
- More than seven years of experience as a Personal / Relationship Banker with Mountain Regional Credit Union, providing overarching support in account service / management, product cross-sales, customer needs assessment, and new business development.
- Performing a full range of customer account tasks, including opening and closing accounts, facilitating withdrawal / deposit / transfer transactions, and recommending optimal bank product and service solutions to meet client goals.
- Driving product sales through exceptional customer relationship building and management talents while demonstrating superior presentation, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Earning ongoing accolades from clients for unparalleled customer service skills.
With my experience in the banking industry, combined with my proven record of excellence in sales and my inherent communication and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service for USA National Bank. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.
Michelle S. Reynolds